Two more things to make sure you have in your diet:
Iron is essential when trying to get pregnant, and also while pregnant and breastfeeding. Miscarriages and stillbirths have been linked to low iron levels, so be on the safe side and eat your iron! What can you eat to get your iron levels up?
1. Red meat.
2. Spinach. Spinach salad, spinach smoothie, steamed spinach…is there a way spinach isn’t delicious?
3. Artichokes. Yum!
4. Dark leafy greens like kelp. Great in salads or smoothies.
5. Beans, lentils, chick peas...oh my.
6. Eggs (especially the yolks). Yes, you and eggs are about to be really good friends.
Second, Omega 3 Fatty Acids
Omega 3s are beyond fantastic for you. Skip the supplements from Amazon, and go get yourself some:
1. Flaxseeds, flaxseed oil, and anything else flaxseed.
2. Walnuts. Put them in your baggie with almonds and sunflower seeds, and cut up some dried apricots to give the mix a little punch.
3. Cold water fish: salmon (wild!), trout, herring and cod.