Vitamin E foods are full of antioxidants, which deactivate free radicals in our bodies. Think of Vitamin E as a superhero who takes on all the bad guys in our systems and clobbers them. Vitamin E was used by the ancient Greeks to promote fertility. The Greeks classified foods rich in Vitamin E as “that which brings forth a child.” Skip the toga, or put one on while you eat some:
1. Almonds. You can take these little guys everywhere, or sprinkle on salads and soups.
2. Seeds … Sunflower seeds are amazing, and again, portable.
3. Legumes…grab some carrots, cut up chunks of butternut squash, get plenty of spices, and make some killer lentil soup.
4. Whole grains…so many fantastic options, but start with quinoa. It’s amazing in salads, soups, or as a side. Add in some veggies!
5. Dark green leafy veggies. Try a kale, spinach, and green apple smoothie. Bliss in a glass, and so good for you.
6. Unrefined and unheated healthy oils like olive and sunflower. Great to dip whole grain bread in, amazing on red leaf lettuce salads, or drizzled on lentil or butternut squash soup.
7. Free range eggs (noticing how some foods are very good for several reasons?)