Vitamin A is excellent for fertility (and your eyes, skin, and nails…amazing side benefits!). It helps with gene transcription, as well as boosted immune functioning. Vitamin A comes in two forms: plant-based Vitamin A, which you’ve probably heard of as beta-carotene, and animal products call Retinols. Retinols are easier for our bodies to convert into Vitamin A than beta-carotenes, so it takes a lot more plant product to equal a pretty small amount of animal product. If you aren’t a vegetarian or vegan, go for animal based options for maximum results. Not that you should avoid veggies. Try getting more:
1. Cod Liver Oil! It also has LOTS of Vitamin A.
2. Ditto for eggs from free range chickens. Eat up!
3. Liver (ever tried turkey liver?). It is an amazing source of Vitamin A. Play around with preparations and you might fall in love with it!
4. Spices: Cayenne, Red Pepper, Chili Powder, and Paprika all have lots of Vitamin A, and are fantastic sprinkled on all sorts of things. Experiment.
5. Sweet Potatoes…amazing Super Food! Eat, eat, eat.
6. Carrots. Your mom was right, they are great for you.
7. Dark leafy greens. Kale, spinach, collards…even red lettuce.
8. Butternut squash. Make it into soup with some sweet potatoes and a little butter and paprika…and eat hot or cold. Grab a container and take it into work with you.
9. Cantaloupe is a great Vitamin A snack. Bite-sized pieces travel well, too.
10. Dried apricots are also super portable and full of Vitamin A. Find a snack bag and carry them around with you!